Sectors: Environment, Information
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – PI – Contributing…
Funds for: Contributing to the environmental education of young people in the Northern Dimension regions
Main beneficiaries: NGOs
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: Contributing to the environmental education of young people in the Northern Dimension regions , thus increasing awareness of the population in the environmental issues and ensuring thoughtful handling of the environmental challenges
Main beneficiaries: non-governmental organisations
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening institutional capacity buildingof Russian Non-State Actors so that they are better prepared for: educating young people in climate change awareness; organising science-based activities for climate change awareness among youth; supporting the sustainability of local and regional strategies and actions on climate change awareness;
– Improving links and collaboration between citizens and other stakeholders in climate change awareness raising;
– Strengthening international cooperation in climate change awareness raising by creating partnerships between Russian organisations with counterparts from the Norther Dimension partner countries, and by developing links, networking and cooperation
– Ensuring sustainable consumption and production pattern;
– Taking urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
– Conserving and sustainably use of the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
– Protecting, restoring and promoting sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably managed forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Among financed actions
– Promoting innovations, implementation of best practices and knowledge dissemination on climate change awareness among young people;
– Identifying / supporting implementation of climate change awareness education programmes for young people (workshops, seminars, studies, lectures, field and study visits, public events and action-based activities, organisation of information campaigns);
– Developing advocacy skills and networking opportunities among Russian environmental NGOs