Sectors: Education - Training, Human Rights, Local development, Research
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU Member States are eligible (including outermost regions)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA-AG – Pilot project – Satellite broadband internet access for educational multimedia contents to unconnected schools – 2019
Funds for: to contribute to assessing the benefits of a broadband connectivity via satellite in areas impacted by digital divide with the support of regional or national public authorities, as a precursor of the even larger benefits that the European Gigabit Society will later make largely available
Priorities and funded actions:
* Analysis of EU regions in long-term digital divide and impacted sectors and population notably for schools: the identification of some relevant regions, schools and other stakeholders must be in the proposals;
* Assessment of simple, efficient and cost-effective implementation schemes (e.g. vouchers) to ensure easy access to satellite broadband connectivity: the proposals must present solutions ensuring easy access to satellite broadband connectivity;
* Assessment, through deployment of broadband internet access via satellite to some unconnected schools (“field trials”), of the benefit of distribution via satellite of educational multimedia content relying, to the extent possible, on data and services offered by the Union space programmes;
* Development of outreach and communication activities
* Proposals shall describe how relevant European stakeholders in the ICT supply chain shall be involved through an inclusive process and which appropriate coordination with educational stakeholders (Ministries of Education, EU Commission, etc.) shall be established;
* Assessment of the benefits of a broadband connectivity via satellite for a minimum of 10 schools across Europe in minimum of 3 different and a maximum of 5 different Member States and;
* Assessment of other market sectors and identification of the related stakeholders that could potentially benefit from broadband connectivity via satellite in regions affected by digital divide
Among financed actions
* Coordination activities between the consortium members and with the concerned stakeholders;
* Studying, deployment and testing/validation actions aiming at connecting schools;
* Conferences, seminars;
* Training activities;
* Awareness raising and dissemination actions;
* Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks, exchanges of good practices;
* Studies, analyses, mapping projects
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be a non-profit organisation (private or public); public authority (national, regional, local); international organisation; university; educational institution; research centre; profit making entity;
– Be established in a EU member state
* The action must take place in the EU