Sectors: Culture - Media, Environment, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Art and the digital: unleashing creativity for European water management – 2020
Funds for: uniting the digital technologies with the arts in order to promote a strong unified European policy vision on the future of water use
Priorities and funded actions:
* Establish collaborations at the nexus of art, digital, and water that result in real world experiments and artistic works/installations/performances. This objective will be implemented by open calls to artists for residencies in companies or institutions related to water/digital;
* Develop a community (beyond the project consortium) at the nexus of art, digital, and water that can contribute to a new thinking in policy, business and society on sustainable water use. This objective will be implemented by among others conferences, workshops, online activities, educational workshops, and exhibitions
* Art works/installations at the crossing of the digital and the arts that promote sustainable water use and inspire policy makers, business and citizens to engage towards a European vision on water;
* Short-term residencies of artists in companies/institutions from the digital and/or water sector to work jointly on possible projects that combine digital and art for sustainable water use;
* Experiments in water management inspired by artistic expression and enabled by digital technologies;
* Activities (workshops, talks, exhibitions…) that further collaborations of actors at the nexus of art-digital-water;
* A website (in collaboration with starts.eu) open to artists and interested citizens on future water visions that can serve as a gathering point for people and ideas to achieve sustainable use of water;
* Educational program for young adults bringing together artists and digital experts to promote knowledge on sustainable water use
Amongst financed actions
* Events and art exhibition;
* Networking activities;
* Funding of experiments including art installations or similar
* Residencies of artists in technology and water institutions: fees, travel and daily allowance covering all needs;
* Financial support to third parties to support artists in residence;
* Educational workshops
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 18 and 22 months
– A grouping of entities (consortia);
– Non-profit organisation (private or public);
– Public authorities (national, regional, local);
– Educational institutions;
– Research/technology and art centres;
– Profit making entities;
– International organisations;
– Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this call for proposals;
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible: EU Member States;
– In order to be eligible, consortium must be composed of at least three legal entities from three different EU Member States