Sectors: Health, Innovation, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Develop Artificial Intelligence for diagnosis and treatment of paediatric cancer – 2020
Fund for: financing the effective implementation of machine-learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies can bring solutions to many societal challenges, including improved diagnostic and treatment pathways
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support the development of multi-national approaches to facilitate capturing data on paediatric cancer from multiple sources, and build a multi-stakeholder network to explore the applications of Artificial Intelligence technologies in paediatric cancer;
* To develop a state-of-the-art report to help understanding the challenges, needs and gaps in capturing data on paediatric cancer across the Union or the EEA countries, or both;
* To develop a framework to find solutions and prioritise opportunities to bridge existing gaps with a multi-national, multi-disciplinary approach;
* To map and build on existing multi-disciplinary and multi-national platforms/datasets and registries, the project will pave the road to a one-stop shop European point of access for integrated healthcare and research data platforms that collate clinical data, including, for example, clinical history, relevant diagnostic tests (pathology, genomics, radiological imaging), treatment interventions and clinical outcomes for childhood cancers;
* To create a multi-stakeholder network to connect and facilitate the exchanges and dissemination of best practices in clinically relevant Machine-Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies between all relevant stakeholders, including paediatric oncology, technology developers, and the European Reference Network for Paediatric Oncology (ERN PaedCan), and experiment on their application in relation to multi-national large-scale data sets;
* To focus on multiple applications, for example radiological imaging, digital pathology, integrated genotyping and outcome prediction algorithms and clinical decision-making.
Amongst financed actions
* Conferences, seminars;
* Awareness and dissemination actions;
* Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks,
* Exchanges of good practices;
* Studies, analyses, mapping projects;
* Research activities.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– To be non-profit organisation (private or public);
– To be for-profit private organisations with relevant expertise;
– To be universities;
– To be research centres