Sectors: Culture - Media, Justice - Security, Telecommunications, Youth
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Outline and trial an infrastructure dedicated to the implementation of child rights and protection mechanisms in the online domain based on the GDPR and other relevant EU legislation – 2020
Funds for: demonstrating an interoperable technical infrastructure dedicated to the implementation of child protection mechanisms (such as age verification) and parental consent mechanisms based on relevant EU legislation such as the AVMSD and GDPR
Priorities and funded actions:
* Undertake a large-scale mapping of existing methods of age-verification and obtaining parental consent in the context of online child protection. This mapping should cover methods used in EU Member States, but should also cover widely- used non-EU solutions, both open-source and propriety;
* Based on an assessment of the mapping presented to the Commission, design, implement and test an interoperable infrastructure for child online protection including in particular age-verification and obtaining parental consent of users of video-sharing platforms or other similar online services, using different approaches, including for example eID. The infrastructure shall take into consideration the relevant articles of the AVMSD and be designed in a manner compliant with the GDPR and cover a minimum of 3 EU Member States/EEA countries
Among financed actions
* Designing, implementing and testing an interoperable infrastructure;
* Conferences, workshops;
* Awareness and dissemination actions;
* Exchanges of good practices;
* Studies, analyses, mapping projects;
* Research activities
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 18 months
– Providers of national eIDs in the countries where the infrastructure will be piloted;
– Video-sharing platform providers, video on demand providers or other similar providers of online content for children;
– Industry providing age verification solutions;
– Civil society;
– Research centres;
– Applicants under category 2 and 3 who are not SMEs can participate in the project but their activities will not be funded;
– In order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a consortium composed of at least 5 legal entities from at least 3 different eligible countries