Sectors: Health, Innovation, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Pilot action on interregional innovation call for expression of interest for COVID-19 response and recovery partnerships – 2020
Funds for: expressions of interest from transnational partnerships of regional authorities, including ecosystems of regional stake holders willing to pilot interregional innovation partnerships
Priorities and funded actions:
* To incentivise business investment projects accelerating commercialisation and scale-up of inter-regional innovation
* To accelerate the response and recovery process from the COVID-19, joining forces to identify solutions to new emerging challenges (health safety, security, need for a rapid uptake of smart, digital, circular and sustainable solutions);
* To focus on commercialisation and scale-up of concrete investment projects;
* To attract private investment for promising, but risky innovation projects, and address the gap for financing the step from technology development and validation to market;
* To explore and strengthen synergies and develop investment pipelines for projects which are bankable for support from financial instruments, in particular through the European Fund for Strategic Investment, and other EU initiatives and projects supported under INTERREG, Horizon 2020, DEP, EIT KICs, Joint Undertakings, European Innovation Partnerships and Macro-regional strategies
Amongst financed actions
* Concrete actions for the commercialisation and scale-up of interregional investments;
* Identify financial and legal obstacles to commercialisation and scale-up
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
– Partnerships should be composed of regional authorities from at least four different EU countries;
– Regional authorities, universities, research centres, clusters, SMEs, etc.