Sectors: Culture - Media, Innovation, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Pilot Project establishing an Exchange of media ‘rising stars’ to speed up innovation and increase cross-border coverage – 2020
Funds for: facilitating the mobility of media professionals and cross-border cooperation between such professionals and media outlets as a means to promote innovation in the European media sector and fostering an environment conducive to quality journalism and media pluralism
Priorities and funded actions:
* Design of the exchange programme: designing a workable and efficient programme which will require oversight but also a large degree of flexibility, in the light of the specific challenges (budgetary, personnel, linguistic and other) inherent to the media sector;
* Information and communication: designing the online interface and disseminating all information (possibly in the form of a handbook) about the programme to a wide audience of media outlets and media professionals prior, during and after the termination of the programme;
* Organisation of the exchange programme;
* Logistical and other support: regular and ad hoc support to professionals and to sending and hosting organisations which shall include providing all information prior to an exchange, answering queries as well as general logistical support, e.g. regarding travel arrangements and finding accommodation;
* Financing of the exchange programme;
* Monitoring and evaluation
Amongst financed actions
* Cooperation projects;
* Actions aiming at the creation and support of networks, exchanges of good practices and coordination;
* Financial support to third parties conferences, seminars;
* Awareness and dissemination actions
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 15 and 18 months
– Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants:
> A single entity or a consortia made up by a grouping of entities;
> Non-profit organisation (private or public);
> Educational institutions;
> Research centres
– Natural persons are not eligible;
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible: EU Member States