Sectors: Citizenship, Innovation, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Smart local administration using IoT, AI, VR and Machine Learning tools to get closer and more present to the citizen – 2020
Funds for: supporting technologies which can be used to facilitate citizen’s access to and interactions with public administrations
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support the development and roll-out of digitally enabled innovative solutions for citizen engagement in policy making and decision making, as well as co-creation and co-delivery of public services at the local level
* The digital technologies to be employed should be based on solutions available on the market, using innovative technological trends such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) including Machine Learning, and Virtual Reality (VR);
* The action should draw on ongoing work in the field, such as the Innovative Public Services Action funded by the ISA2 programme, experience and knowledge gained from and tools developed by Horizon 2020 projects in the area of digital government / open government / co-creation as well the Synchronicity Large Scale IoT/AI pilot for smart cities, the Overview and Analysis of the Use and Impact of AI in Public Services (under the AI Watch study / JRC), the European Artificial Intelligence On-Demand Platform and Ecosystem (DG CONNECT / AI4EU)7 as well as other relevant activities to be supported under DEP such as those in the context of smart and sustainable cities and communities as well as other relevant initiatives on public sector innovation
Amongst financed actions
* Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks, exchanges of good practices;
* Studies, analyses, mapping projects; research activities;
* Development and testing of tools; cooperation projects;
* Conferences, seminars;
* Workshops, hackathons training activities;
* Awareness and dissemination actions
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 18 months
– A grouping of entities (consortia) – with the entities forming this consortia not having entities affiliated to them;
– Non-profit organisation (private or public);
– Public authorities (national, regional, local);
– International organisations;
– Educational institutions;
– Research centres;
– Profit making entities;
– Civil society;
– Natural persons: natural persons are eligible as part of a consortium but the project cannot be coordinated by a natural person
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
> EU Member States;
> EEA countries
– In order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a consortium composed of at least 5 (five) legal entities from at least 3 (three) eligible countries