Sectors: Citizenship, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – EDF – Promoting…
Funds for: Promoting the entrenchment of democracy in Haiti through the increasing, equal and effective participation of civil society
Main beneficiary: CSOs
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: Promoting the entrenchment of democracy in Haiti through the increasing, equal and effective participation of civil society in the process of the country’s political, economic and social life
Main beneficiaries: Civil society organisations
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase CSO participation in national frameworks and mechanisms for State/Civil Society dialogue;
– To support citizen building processes at the local level (communal or intermunicipal) and to this end, strengthen and structure Basic Community Organizations (CBOs)
– Responsibility: public authorities take into account citizens’ aspirations regarding the services to be provided by the public sector. The quality of responses given by public authorities to citizens’ initiatives;
– Transparency: provision of citizens with rapid, digestible, exhaustive, coherent and reliable information on public policies;
– Fight against corruption: action to prevent the use of public office for personal gain. It can be clientelism, nepotism, appropriation of public property, or misappropriation of state revenues…;
– Governance: how government officials and public institutions acquire and exercise authority to determine national policy and provide resources and services to citizens
Among the finaceous actions
– Diagnosis of consultation and dialogue mechanisms at the commune and/or departmental or national level;
– Organisation of debates or forums around themes of national or local interest, with dissemination of these debates;
– Activities in support of access to public information and data