Sectors: Citizenship, Humanitarian, Public Management
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member State
Iceland and Liechtenstein
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
REC – Rights of persons with disabilities – 2021
Funds for: operating costs and those activities of the networks which have EU added value and which contribute to the implementation of the objectives of the REC Programme for the year 2021
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote, protect and monitor the rights of persons with disabilities, to ensure that people with disabilities can fully enjoy their rights;
* To contribute to a number of specific initiatives where their role has a clear added value
* Supporting the implementation of the priorities of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020 (or follow-up initiative), taking into account both the Progress Report on its implementation and the main results of the public consultation as mentioned above;
* Contributing to the reflection on the post-2020 European disability strategic framework;
* Contributing to the EU Disability Card action and its promotion;
* Contributing to the implementation of the UNCRPD and promoting the involvement of the national member organisations in the implementation;
* Supporting the human rights model of disability, including in disability assessment and determination as well as in social protection matters;
* Contributing to awareness-raising activities that would be launched by the Commission in the disability area;
* Supporting and contributing to implement the UN Concluding Observations of the report on the implementation of the UNCRPD by the EU and to prepare the next reporting exercise;
* Supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of EU and national policies and legislation in the area of disability, including the development of statistical data;
* Contributing to mainstreaming different aspects of disability matters in EU and national policies and legislation, particularly in the areas of accessibility, employment, education, social inclusion (including housing, homelessness, migration, child poverty), social protection, health (including mental health), human rights, international cooperation and development to make sure that the rights and needs of persons with disabilities are properly addressed;
* Supporting the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights, in particular the principle 17 on disability, and mainstreaming disability in all its relevant areas;
* Contributing to improving the accessibility of products and services, including by supporting the implementation of the European Accessibility Act and other EU accessibility legislation as well as with awareness-raising activities about these new legislations;
* Supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, notably those with a direct impact for people with disabilities;
* Supporting the main EU driven processes such as the European Semester in the disability area;
* Supporting and contributing to EU youth initiatives targeted at young people, including those with disabilities, to encourage inclusive education and training, access to employment, participation and independent living, and including initiatives such as the European Solidarity Corps;
* Contributing to the development of specific policies relevant to disability in the area of independent living, in particular as regards the transition from institutional to community-based living.
* To contribute to:
> The annual Work Forum on the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the EU and the Member States;
> The European Commission Conference on the European Day of Persons with Disabilities;
> The Access City Award, the European Prize for making cities more accessible to people with disabilities and older people;
> The Commission’s civil dialogue in relevant fields, and in particular the Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth and the accompanying strategic dialogue meetings
Among financed action
* Analytical activities, such as the collection of data and statistics; the development of common methodologies and, where appropriate, indicators or benchmarks; studies, researches, analyses and surveys; evaluations; the elaboration and publication of guides, reports and educational material; workshops, seminars, experts’ meetings and conferences;
* Training activities, such as staff exchanges, workshops, seminars, train-the-trainer events and the development of online training tools or other training modules;
* Mutual learning, cooperation, awareness-raising and dissemination activities, such as the identification of, and exchanges concerning, good practices, innovative approaches and experiences; the organisation of peer reviews and mutual learning; the organisation of conferences, seminars, media campaigns, including in the online media, information campaigns, including institutional communication on the political priorities of the Union as far as they relate to the objectives of the Programme; the compilation and publication of materials to disseminate information about the Programme and its results; the development, operation and maintenance of systems and tools using information and communication technologies;
* Management activities to support the operations of the network as well as capacity building for its members.
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposal
* Duration of the action : 12 months
– Proposals can only be submitted by organisations having signed a Framework Partnership Agreement with the European Commission following the 2017 Call for Proposals establishing four-year Framework Partnership Agreements for the period 2018-2021
– The proposal may not involve consortia
– Affiliated entities to the applicant are NOT eligible to receive funding under this call for proposals