Sectors: Citizenship, Health, Human Rights, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References: To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Iceland, Republic of Serbia
Amount: To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful: To view this information, please connect.
Contact: To view this information, please connect.
Advice: To view this information, please connect.
Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme – Capacity-building in the area of rights of the child – 2020
Funds for: promoting and protecting the rights of the child
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote child participation in the democratic and political life in the EU;
* To increase awareness on and general knowledge of children rights, and their practical implementation, among the general population, professionals working with children, and children themselves
* To increase space provided by local authorities for children to make their voice heard on issues related to the communities where they live and that matter to them;
* To strengthen knowledge and expertise on how to embed child participation in decision making at local and national level;
* To enhance child participation at local and national level
* Priority 1: to increase general awareness and knowledge, including among children, of children rights and in particular, but not limited to, the right to be heard and express their voices on issues that matter to them;
* Priority 2: to design, test, establish and evaluate mechanisms of child participation at local level;
* Priority 3: to assess national legislative and policy frameworks for child participation, with a view to designing and implementing tools to promote child participation at national level
Among financed actions
* For priority 1:
– Public campaigns promoting children’s rights;
– Training and production of training material for professionals;
– Platforms as well as activities with children to increase their knowledge on their rights
* For priority 2:
– Design, implementation and evaluation of child participation mechanisms at local level children (city councils, children advisory boards, and consultations with children at local level);
– Learning and peer support among local authorities from the same or a different country
* For priority 3:
– Mapping of existing national legislation and practice to assess how child participation in embedded in national frameworks;
– Strategies and plans to foster child participation at national level;
– Design and implementation of child participation mechanisms at national level
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– Be a public body, a private organisation or an international organisation;
– Profit-oriented organisations may only submit applications in partnership with public bodies or private non-profit organisations;
– Involve at least two organisations actively involved in the implementation of the proposed action;
– Be established in EU Member States, Iceland or Republic of Serbia