Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Iceland, Republic of Serbia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme – National Roma Platforms – 2020
Funds for: promoting the effective implementation of theprinciple of non-discrimination on the grounds of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation, and respecting the principle of non-discrimination
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote and facilitate dialogue, mutual learning, cooperation, policy review between all national stakeholders;
* To encourage the inclusion of Roma people in the Platform, particularly women and youth;
* To increase capacity of national experts and stakeholders to address issues related to Roma integration, including legislative and administrative practises;
* To strengthen cooperation and exchange of information between competent national authorities in relation to Roma integration;
* To increase sustainability of Roma participation in policy processes
* To empower National Roma Contact Points in the process of Roma integration;
* To mobilise and ensure the continued engagement of all relevant stakeholders in particular by providing a forum and encouraging self-mobilisation and cooperation of Roma and pro-Roma non-governmental organisations;
* To strengthen multi-stakeholder accountability, commitment to, as well as ownership and transparency of the process of Roma integration;
* To boost the commitment to and effective implementation of integration measures at the local level, improving the equal access of Roma to mainstream services and opportunities, strengthening community building between Roma and non-Roma;
* To provide complementarity and increase synergies with other EU and/or national initiatives;
* To address gaps and challenges in the implementation of the National Roma Integration Strategy specific to the national context, and to report at national and EU level;
* To promote participation of Roma youth in the design and implementation of the National Roma Platform
Among financed actions
* Mapping of all relevant stakeholders working on Roma inclusion and assessing the need and opportunity to include them in the National Roma Platform;
* Actions to set-up and reinforce national Roma platforms;
* Meetings, working groups, seminars, events at national, regional or local levels, with topical discussion;
* Discussion of the results of civil monitoring of National Roma Integration Strategies implementation;
* Evaluation and review of National Roma Integration Strategies and Roma integration measures, exchange and transfer of practices;
* Transnational exchange between different National Roma Platforms
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– Be a National Roma Contact Point;
– Involve only one National Roma Contact Point;
– Actions must take place in countries participating to the REC Programme