Sectors: Economy - Finances, Industry, Information, Innovation, Public Management, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, SMEs
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for expression of interest
Additional info regions:
European Economic Area: Liechtenstein, Norway
Mediterranean countries: Israel
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call of expression of interest aims to select six model demonstrator regions to receive advisory support services from the European Cluster Observatory.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To demonstrate new or better ways of designing and implementing modern cluster policies taking maximum advantage of the transformative power of innovation towards shaping industrial value chains, sectors and emerging industries
– Regions with highest ambition and best ideas to capitalise on cross-sectoral collaboration and innovation for their future strategies, irrespective of their current development level
Type of support provided
– A summary assessment report presenting an analysis of the relative importance and potential of clusters of related industries in the region, an assessment of existing or planned policy concepts and support measures following desk research and a study visit to the region including interviews with key stakeholders
– A European Cluster Excellence Scorecard report representing the results of a regional survey and benchmarking
– Organisation of a two-day peer review meeting in the region
– Provision of a final policy briefing with concrete recommendations, a detailed action plan and roadmap
– Promotion and showcasing of the region’s demonstrator approach via the European Cluster Observatory’s web pages at the European Commission’s Enterprise & Industry web portal