Sectors: Research, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of the S2R JU is to implement an ambitious programme of research and innovation activities in the railway sector in Europe. Those activities should be carried out through collaboration between stakeholders in the entire railway value chain, also outside the traditional rail sector, including SMEs, research and technology centres and universities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To achieve the Single European Railway Area through the removal of remaining technical obstacles
– To enhance the attractiveness and competitiveness of the European railway system
– To help the European rail industry to retain and consolidate its leadership on the global market for rail products and services
– Start-up activities for System Platform Demonstrator Integrated Assessment and socio-economic effects
– Energy and sustainability, including noise and vibrations baselines assessment
– Integrated Mobility and Safety Management
– Start-up activities for advanced signalling and automation system
– Shopping, booking and ticketing of multimodal travel solutions
– Travel companion and tracking services
– Development of functional requirements for sustainable and attractive European Rail Freight
– Start-up activities for Freight Automation
– Freight Propulsion concepts
– Long-term needs of different actors in the railway sector
– Energy usage, generation and saving approaches
– Noise reduction methodologies
– Safer infrastructure – improved object detection and prevention of safety critical events and integrated mobility
– Threat detection and profile protection definition for cyber-security assessment
– IT virtualization of testing environment
– Technical specifications for a new Adaptable Communication system for all Railways
– Freight Automation on lines and in yards
– Improved vehicle/train dynamics
– Intelligent freight wagon with predictive maintenance
Among financed actions
– Research and innovation actions
– Innovation actions
– Coordination and support actions