Sectors: Research, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of the S2R JU is to implement an ambitious programme of research and innovation activities in the railway sector in Europe. Those activities should be carried out through collaboration between stakeholders in the entire railway value chain, also outside the traditional rail sector, including SMEs, research and technology centres and universities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To achieve the Single European Railway Area through the removal of remaining technical obstacles
– To enhance the attractiveness and competitiveness of the European railway system
– To help the European rail industry to retain and consolidate its leadership on the global market for rail products and services
– Development of concepts towards the next generation of traction systems and management of wheel/rail adhesion
– Development of new technological concepts, standard specifications and architectures for train control and monitoring, with specific applications in train-to-ground communications and high safety electronic control of brakes
– Research into enhanced track and switch and crossing systems
– Intelligent maintenance systems and strategies
– Tools and methodologies supporting the development of next generation traction systems, and brakes
– Technology feasibility studies supporting the development of next generation TCMS, and safe control for brakes
– Research into new radical ways of changing trains between tracks
– Interoperability Framework governance, ensuring its market uptake and sustainability
– Interoperability Framework Converters
Among financed actions
– Research and innovation actions
– Innovation actions
– Coordination and support actions