Sectors: Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
All EU members EXCEPT United Kingdom and Ireland
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The present Call for Proposals aims at funding projects on the topic of supporting the improvement of border surveillance by enhancing cooperation between Member States in the framework of EUROSUR, including, whenever appropriate, cooperation with third countries (especially neighbouring countries).
Priorities and funded actions:
– supporting a common visa policy to facilitate legitimate travel, provide a high quality of service to visa applicants, ensure equal treatment of third-country nationals and tackle illegal immigration.
– supporting integrated border management, including promoting further harmonisation of border management-related measures in accordance with common Union standards and through the sharing of information between Member States and between Member States and the Frontex Agency.
– Exchange of the situational pictures of neighbouring external border sections
– Support to Member States capacities to detect and track small vessels
– Cooperation with neighbouring third countries
Among financed actions
– to improve the knowledge and understanding of the situation prevailing in the Member States and third countries through the analysis, evaluation and close monitoring of policies;
– to support the development of statistical tools, including common statistical tools, methods and common indicators;
– to support and monitor the implementation of Union law and Union policy objectives in the Member States, and assess their effectiveness and impact, including with regard to respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, as far as the scope of the Instrument is concerned;
– to promote networking, mutual learning, identification and dissemination of best practices and innovative approaches amongst different stakeholders at European level;