Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support civil society players and opinion formers from all communities in Cyprus at both national and local levels, to raise awareness and media literacy, to stimulate dialogue and debate and, thus, to increase citizen’s engagement with the European Institutions and their participation in the European political process.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to better informing citizens about the role and actions of the European Institutions and improve citizens’ engagement in the debate on the future of Europe
– To strengthen community media in Cyprus
– To promote media literacy as a means for active citizenship
– To foster dialogue and understanding between the diverse communities of Cyprus
Among financed actions
– Establishment and management of community media outlets (television and radio broadcasting, web TV and radio, information and discussion websites and citizen’s journalism forums)
– Dissemination of information and the fostering of debate on European affairs through community media outlets, social media networks, blogs, citizens’ journalism forums
– Media training activities (hands-on practical training for TV, radio and digital online media, media literacy seminars)
– Organisation of conferences, seminars and other actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks and the exchange of good practices
– Ad-hoc and thematic projects aiming to foster co-operation and dialogue and improve mutual understanding between the diverse ethnic, religious, linguistic and other communities living in Cyprus