Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Health, Industry, Information, Innovation, Local development, Trade
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Actions must take place in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, DPR Korea, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
SWITCH-Asia – Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production – 2021
Funds for: supporting the development of a green, low-carbon, resource-efficient and more circular economy, and to contribute to economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia
Priorities and funded actions:
* To develop and adopt less polluting and more resource-efficient and circular products, processes and services by MSMEs allowing their integration to global greener value and supply chains and;
* To promote more sustainable consumption patterns in Asia
* Priority 1: Support MSMEs in reducing the environmental impact of their industrial production, improving resource efficiency and adopting circular economy practices;
* Priority 2: Engaging with consumers on sustainable consumption and production practices
Among financed actions
* Implementation of resource efficiency measures;
* Addressing the presence of hazardous chemicals;
* Testing and promoting innovative packaging solutions;
* Promoting the use of certification and eco-labelling for products;
* Promoting the principles of the circular economy through innovation throughout the product life cycle
* Promoting eco-design and eco-labelling practices;
* Informing consumers about healthy and sustainable food choices;
* Educating consumers to reduce food losses;
* Engage in broad debates on sustainable lifestyles
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making, or
– Be a business and for-profit organisation, national and regional clean production centres, universities, research centres, centres for technology transfer, consumer organisations, development organisations, trade federations and labour organisations, or
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union and United Kingdom
– Be established in one of the following Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Indonesia, India, Lao PDR, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam, or
– Be established in member countries of the OECD, in case of contracts exclusively implemented in a Least Developed Country or a Highly Indebted Country as included in the list of ODA recipients, or
– Be established in a Member State of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway), or
– Be established in countries from the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II) (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
– Actions must take place in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, DPR Korea, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.