Sectors: Employment, Industry, Innovation
Beneficiaries: Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this call is to increase the number of Women Business Angels (WBAs) in Europe, and to facilitate the funding of Women Entrepreneurs (WEs) by Business Angels.
Priorities and funded actions:
WP1 : Creation of a WBAs consortia
– Creation of a WBAs consortium with partners coming from at least 4 EU Member States (MS).
WP 2 : Survey on key obstacles, challenges and success factors of WBAs
– Perform a survey and analysis to identify the success factors, the challenges and obstacles that women are facing to become business angels, implement a strategy and propose concrete measures to tackle these obstacles and increase the number of WBA in the regions of the consortium.
WP 3 : Provide information about the WBAs members of the consortium and facilitate transnational community cooperation via the WEgate
– Networking and providing information about the WBAs members of the consortium and propose ways to facilitate transnational community cooperation via the European e-platform for women entrepreneurship (WEgate).
WP 4 : Recruitment of WBAs
– Providing a detailed recruitment plan of WBAs, including a new member sponsor recognition programme.
WP 5 : Development and delivery of training and mentoring programs for the recruited WBAs and exchange of best practices
– Development and delivery of training and mentoring programs for the recruited WBAs.
WP 6 : Organisation of training on pitching and relevant business strategies for women entrepreneurs
– Organisation of training for pitching and relevant business strategies for women entrepreneurs.
WP 7 : Organisation of pitching events
– Organisation of pitching events.
WP 8 : Communication strategy
WP 9 : Exit strategy – Community cooperation and development sustainability
– Exit strategy – Development of Community sustainability and continuous cooperation plan
– To make Women Business Angels services available to as many European countries as possible
– Bring together relevant local/regional/national initiatives that might exist in each country it is aiming to cover.
– Analyse the reasons of the under-representation of WBAs, in order to develop a strategy and propose concrete measures to overcome these obstacles and recruit more WBAs
– Creation of dedicated webpages on the WEgate, including links to the websites of each national/regional/local networks, clubs and/or associations of WBAs participating to the ECWBA, with a view to facilitating transnational cooperation
– To develop their WBAs recruitment strategy at local, regional or national level using- among other means- the WEgate, social media and other existing platforms.
– To explain risk assessment of investment opportunities, as well as short term and long term asset management strategy to recruited new WBAs
– Mentoring advice by experienced business angels-men and women- to new recruits
– To held women to face difficulties accessing alternative sources of finance
– To organise at least 8 pitching events per year in the countries they cover
– to recruit sufficient numbers of WBAs, publicise the consortium and the WBAs networks, as well as create investment opportunities, it is essential to publicise the created WBAs consortia.
– To ensure that the ECWBAs community will be active and sustainable after the end of the project, each consortium should present a strategy for ensuring continuous cooperation with other consortia within the frame of the ECWBA and the continuation of the established relations