Sectors: Economy - Finances, Trade
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Developing countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to Government of Nepal’s efforts to reduce poverty and stimulate trade-led economic growth by strengthening trade competitiveness in Nepal.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the innovative approaches for development of speciality coffee along the value chain;
– Increased capacity of the coffee sub-sector institutions for effective policy advocacy and export promotion;
– Increased production, employment, promoting decent work principles, productivity and exports of coffee through improved coffee farming techniques, enhanced skills of coffee farmers with due emphasis on small hold farmers, improved processing facilities, distribution, marketing and export promotion of organic and fair trade certified coffee.
– Capacity building of the National Tea and Coffee Development Board-TCDB and local actors on coffee sub sector development through policy formulation, technological improvement and export promotion;
– Increase production and productivity through building awareness in competitiveness of coffee production, management and mitigation of white stem borer and coffee leaf rust, supporting scaling up and imparting knowledge on good coffee production practices with due emphasis on smallholder farmers;
– Improve quality and value of coffee by applying promising innovative or state of art techniques of production, processing and marketing.
Among financed activities
– Support in organic coffee production and increase production and productivity
– Build the capacity in coffee harvesting and processing techniques
– Conduct marketing studies and export promotion activities
– Public awareness campaigns on production, processing, disease prevention, marketing, quality, standards and regulations.