Sectors: Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Morocco
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objectives of this current twinning are :
– To contribute to good governance of public finance, by strengthening the role of the Supreme Audit Control of public finances of Morocco ;
– To consolidate the capacities of the Court of Auditors to meet its obligations under the legislation and the major national reforms, inspiring by European best practices and by the relevant international standards.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To prepare the Court to exercise its powers assigned by the new legal basis governing public finance in Morocco, in convergence with international standards and European best practices
1) To allow the Court of Auditors to be able to audit, according to the time frame projected by the Organic Law on the Finance Laws and its Implementation Decree, the account of the States for the purpose of their certification, in accordance with international standards and best practices
2) To help the Court of Auditors to be able to monitor the Finance Law, during the different phases of the budgetary cycle
3) To allow the financial jurisdictions to acquire a sufficient control of best practices in matters of performance audit and assessment of public programme and policies.
Among financed actions
– To define an organisation of the Court and the necessary means to implement in order to conduct its financial audit missions, for certification
– To determine and support the recruitment and the training needed
– To formulate a financial audit guide
– To implement, within the Court, an appropriate organisation enabling it to fulfill its missions of monitoring the Finance Law
– To contribute to the recruitment and the training of the necessary staff
– To have an appropriate information system
– To establish a situational analysis of works and knowledge of the Court in the field of performance audit and assessment of public programme and policies
– To complete the formation in the field of performance audit and of assessment, by the acquisition of practical know-how
– To organise immersion course in one or several EU Supreme Audit Institution