Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: Candidate countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Serbia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Twinning project will directly contribute to further development of integrated and coherent system for Consumer protection in Serbia by enabling enforcement of legislation aligned with Union acquis in accordance to the better regulation approach and by enhancing capacities and improving cooperation among all consumer protection institutions, especially by strengthening partnership between MTTT (Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications) and consumer protection organisations (NGO’s)
Priorities and funded actions:
– To put in place legislative and institutional capacities for the efficient carrying out of accession negotiations and for fulfilling the requirements of EU membership resulting in proper and effective implementation and enforcement of aligned legislation in the field of consumer protection in Serbia.
– Improving the protection of the rights and interests of consumers amending regulations
– Better integration of consumer policy into other state’s policies
– Further strengthening of the institutional framework of consumer protection
– More effective law enforcement and efficient market surveillance system in the field of consumer protection
– Strengthening consumer associations and individual consumers
– Developing a solid framework for regional and international cooperation