Sectors: Economy - Finances, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries : Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to the development of efficient tax system by further harmonization of the legal tax framework with the EU legislation and by strengthening the administrative and operational capacity of the country in the process of fulfilling the EU standards in this area.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve legal framework in the field of taxation in accordance with relevant EU Directives
– To strengthen capacities of the Ministry of Finance – Tax and Customs Policy Department and the Public Revenue Office for efficient implementation of tax legislation
Among financed actions
– To analyse and assess the level of harmonization of the current legislative framework for Personal Income Tax and Profit Tax with the EU acquis, identifying its gaps and to prepare Report with written recommendation for its improvement;
– To support the drafting of the amendments of the Personal Income Tax legislation and Profit Tax legislation, aligned with the EU acquis;
– To assess other legislation related to taxes, in particular the Tax Procedure Law, in view of its alignment with relevant EU Directives;
– To prepare training needs assessment for the implementation of legislation of Ministry of Finance;
– To organise workshops for representatives of Ministry of Finance for implementation of amended legislation in the area of direct taxation.