Sectors: Energy, Environment, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Macedonia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposal is to further approximate and implement the environmental acquis, through strengthening the administrative capacities for environmental management on central and local level in the field of waste management.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the administrative capacity
– To undertake measures for the implementation of Waste Framework Directive (WFD) and Special Waste Streams Directives (WEEED, WBAD and PPWD)
-To continue legislative alignment with the acquis, in particular in the fields of air quality, waste management and water quality, and improve significantly implementation of legislation and environmental monitoring
– To strengthen administrative capacity at national and local levels and improve coordination between administrative bodies in charge of environment-related issues
Among financed activities
– Preparation of regional waste management plans and strategic environmental assessment for East and Northeast regions
– Preparation of technical and tendering documentation for closure