Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent States: Ukraine
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call is to ensure the effective prevention and response to violations of human rights by strengthening the effectiveness of the Ombudsman institution as an efficient mechanism of parliamentary control over the observance of human rights and freedoms at the national level, taking into account the European best practices.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of the Apparatus by improving the legislation in the field of the human rights protection and activities of the Ombudsman
– To establish practice in applying this legislation, as well as bringing the institutional framework of the Apparatus and its internal procedures in compliance with the international and European best practices
– To provide support to the development of the institution of the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights as a national human rights institution, and is in line with the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP)
Among financed actions
– Reviews, analysis, drafts, amendments
– Study visits, training, seminars, round tables