Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment
Beneficiaries: All beneficiaries
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
- Participating States in the UCPM including : Iceland, Montenegro, The Republic of North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia and Turkey.
- European Neighbourhood Policy countries : East (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine) and South (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia).
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
UCPM – Prevention and Preparedness for Marine Pollution at Sea and Shore – 2021
Funds for: enhancing prevention of and protection from the effects of maritime disasters.
Priorities and funded actions:
- To develop response capacity for marine pollution incidents;
- To enhance regional and cross-sectoral coordination;
- To increase capacity of responders, including development of advanced methodologies supporting training and exercises as well as improving technology and tools for better monitoring, detection and response to at-sea and coastal pollution;
- To strengthen joint prevention and preparedness actions within the European regional sea areas as well as inter-regional initiatives when more efficiency or effectiveness can be achieved;
Among finances actions:
- Advanced training and/or exercising capacities are developed;
- System(s) or methods for detection of and response to various pollutants are developed or improved;
- Innovative response capacities are tested through exercises;
- Coordination within or between European regional sea conventions is enhanced;
- Communication and operational coordination between at-sea and shoreline preparedness and response is enhanced;
- A (sub-)regional approach to significant acute pollution, in particular with regard to spill impact/effect monitoring and assessment is established;
- This call proposal is an open call for proposal.
- Initial duration of the action: the project cannot exceed 24 months.
- Be legal entities (public or private bodies);
- Be established in one of the eligible countries