Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Humanitarian, Information, Public Management, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
You can find the eligible countries in section 5 of the call for proposals.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – UCPM – Prevention…
Funds for: Prepareding the Union Civil Protection Mechanism to respond to disaster risks
Main beneficiaries: Private and public bodies
Other topic: Achieving a higher level of protection and resilience against disasters by preventing or reducing their potential effects
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: Improve the preparedness of the Union Civil Protection Mechanism to respond to disaster risks
Main beneficiaries: Private and public bodies, international organisations
Priorities and funded actions:
There are two policy areas: Prevention and preparedness
– Support and complement the efforts of Member States in the field of disaster prevention, focusing on areas where cooperation provides added value and complement existing cooperation frameworks/instruments provided by relevant EU macro-regional strategies;
– Support the IPA II beneficiaries and the European Neighbourhood Policy countries in the field of disaster prevention and improve their cooperation with the Mechanism and its Participating States
– Improve the preparedness of the Union Civil Protection Mechanism to respond to disaster risks;
– Enhance knowledge of effective preparedness and through the European Commission Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre;
– Develop cooperation across countries on challenges in the field of civil protection and/or marine pollution and enhance the awareness of professionals and volunteers;
– Complement existing cooperation frameworks/instruments provided by relevant EU macro-regional strategies;
– Support a closer partnership between the Union Civil Protection Mechanism and IPA II beneficiaries not participating in the Mechanism or European Neighbourhood Policy countries
– Promoting the linkages between multi-hazard assessments of risks, including from climate change, risk management capabilities assessments with risk management, preparedness and response planning;
– Supporting the development of disaster risk reduction strategies, taking into account climate change adaptation;
– Supporting risk awareness and risk communication with a focus on border regions, cross-border and regional dimensions
– Increasing the countries’ preparedness for receiving international assistance in the context of the EU Host Nation Support Guidelines;
– Improving trans-border and macro regional cooperation in disaster preparedness, including enhancing support to Participating States in awareness-raising, public information (e.g. risk awareness), knowledge dissemination and education (e.g. self-resilience);
– Enhancing cooperation between civil protection and humanitarian aid actors
Among financed actions
– Projects aimed at studying, designing, developing, testing and implementing new prevention or disaster risk management approaches, or at evaluating and/or improving existing ones;
– Projects in the area of prevention and risk management aimed at concrete improvements and innovation thanks to transnational cooperation
– Cooperation projects and studies, which may include small scale exercises and training aimed at specific complementary improvements and innovation;
– Activities that increase cooperation to strengthen CBRN (Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) security (including terrorism related), in line with the Action Plan adopted by the EC to enhance preparedness against chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear security risks
– Supporting/developing innovative solutions for civil protection activities, encouraging public/private partnerships