Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
European Economic Area: Iceland and Norway
New Independent States: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to select projects which support and complement the efforts of participating states and eligible third countries in prevention and preparedness in civil protection and marine pollution focusing on areas where a common European approach is more appropriate.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided into two sections
– Prevention Projects
– Preparedness Projects
– To support and complement the efforts of participating states and eligible third countries in actions aimed at achieving a higher level of protection and resilience against disasters by preventing or reducing their effects
– To create better prerequisites for and improve preparedness, as well as enhance awareness of civil protection and/or marine pollution professionals and volunteers
– To support and complement the efforts of the participating states for the protection of citizens, environment and property in the event of natural and man-made disasters, technical, radiological or environmental incidents and dealing with the consequences of acts of terrorism and facilitate reinforced cooperation between the participating states in the field of preparedness in civil protection and/or marine pollution
– Actions on the economics of investing in disaster risk prevention
– Actions (guidelines, studies, workshops, and exchange of experience) on the development of urban resilience strategies
– Actions on the governance of risk management practices
– Actions aimed at improving cross border civil protection and marine pollution cooperation
– Actions aimed at enhancing operational cooperation in the framework of the Mechanism, enabling countries to develop, exercise and register multinational assets
– Actions aimed at increasing the countries’ preparedness for reception of international assistance in the context of the EU Host Nation Support Guidelines
Among financed actions
– Projects aimed at studying, designing, developing, testing and implementing new prevention or disaster risk management approaches and/or participating states/partner countries or at evaluating and/or improving existing ones
– Projects aimed at studying, designing, developing, testing and implementing innovative approaches, techniques and tools to link prevention measures to preparedness and response needs and to integrate disaster risk management considerations into planning and other policies
– Projects aimed at developing general principles and guidelines relating to hazards with potentially serious impact on human, environmental and economic situations
– Projects in the area of prevention and risk management aimed at concrete improvements and innovation thanks to transnational cooperation
– Projects aiming at identifying best practices and/or transferring them in other countries and regions
– Small-scale exercises and training aimed at specific complementary improvements and innovation
– Joint design, development and implementation of innovative civil protection and marine pollution activities, including procedures, techniques, tools, plans, etc
– Transfer or the adaptation of existing features from other geographical or thematic contexts