Sectors: Environment, Humanitarian
Beneficiaries: International Organisation
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to support exercises simulating the situation and conditions of major emergencies (due to natural and man-made disasters)
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve civil protection preparedness and response to all kinds of disasters, including marine pollution, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear disasters,
-To provide a testing environment of established and/or new operational concepts and procedures of the Mechanism and a learning opportunity for all actors involved in civil protection assistance interventions
– improving the response capacity of Member States, in particular with regard to teams and other assets under the Union Mechanism
– improving and verifying the procedures and establishing a common approach for the coordination of assistance interventions under the Union Mechanism and reducing the response time
– enhancing cooperation between the civil protection services of Member States and the Commission
– identifying and sharing lessons learnt
– testing the implementation of lessons learnt.
Among financed actions
-Plan, conduct and evaluate exercises with scenarios simulating the situation and conditions of all types of disasters
-Full scale exercises, command post exercises with limited deployment