Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Employment, Energy, Environment, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: International Organisation
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote women’s entrepreneurship and economic empowerment in the sustainable energy sector/value chain.
This should contribute to gender equality, to the eradication of poverty and to job creation, improving women’s lives and status.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To create jobs and/or entrepreneurship opportunities in developing countries for women;
– To increase capacities of women to operate in the sustainable energy sector;
– To raise awareness within communities, society and local/regional/national authorities on the potential and benefits of sustainable energy and women’s role in sustainable energy value chains.
Among financed actions
– Providing affordable finance to facilitate opportunities for women as entrepreneurs/providers in the sustainable energy value chain, or to facilitate their access to modern and sustainable energy services for productive uses;
– Developing women’s technical and entrepreneurial skills in the energy sector and in energy business through adapted training, education, capacity development, exchange of good practices, etc.;
– Improving the general environment (institutional and societal) for women’s entrepreneurship through political advocacy and/or awareness campaigns;
– Running an adequate system of monitoring and results dissemination, replication of the action.