Commission adopts a programme for Italy, Albania and MontenegroDecember 17, 2015
Hat: Commission adopts a programme for Italy, Albania and Montenegro
Funding Scheme: 2015-12-17
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
The European Commission adopted the new cross-border cooperation programme for Italy, Montenegro and Albania, worth nearly €93 million, with almost €79 million coming from the European Regional Development Fund and the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA). This is the last cross-border cooperation programme to be adopted in 2015.
In line with the EU Strategy for the Adriatic Ionian Region, the programme focuses on five priorities:
1) Strengthening the cross-border cooperation and competitiveness of SMEs: support will be provided to local small businesses to contribute to their internationalisation and develop cross-border markets.
2) Smart management of the border region’s natural and cultural heritage: under this priority the programme will invest in the development of environmentally friendly tourism activities and in new cultural products and services.
3) Environment protection, risk management and low-carbon strategy: EU investments will support a strategic and cross-border approach on water landscapes, innovative practices and tools to reduce carbon gas emissions and improved energy efficiency in public buildings.
4) Improving cross-border connectivity and promoting sustainable transport systems
5) Technical assistance, to ensure the sound and effective implementation of the programme.
Url description: InfoRegio