COP 21 – 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)November 20, 2015
Hat: COP 21 - 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
COP21 will be a crucial round of international climate negotiations with the main objective to endorse alegally binding international climate agreement, under which all Parties would commit to make necessary efforts to keep global warming below 2°C by the end of the century.
DG Research and Innovation, as a member of the European Commission’s negotiating task force led by DG CLIMA, will showcase at COP 21 the contribution of research and innovation on climate-related challenges:
– Climate Services: promoting a flourishing market which delivers added value
– Strategic Energy Technology (SET-) Plan
– Decarbonisation pathways: designing the opportunities of the low-carbon economy
– The Arctic: hotspot of climate change, test case for climate innovation
– Earth Observation: making GEOSS a reality
Several side events will be organised in the EU pavilion.
Further information: COP 21 website