Cross-border cooperation between Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and MontenegroNovember 27, 2015
Hat: €57 million of EU funds for enhanced cross-border cooperation between Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro
Funding Scheme: 2015-11-27
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
The Commission adopted a new cross-border cooperation programme for Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro worth around €67 million, with €57 million coming from the European Regional Development Fund and the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance.
The programme aims to improve the quality of common public services in the region, to promote the development of sustainable tourism activities and to boost the competitiveness of local businesses.
The programme will also help reach the objectives of the South East Europe 2020 Strategy, of the EU macro-regional Strategy for the Danube Region and of the EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region.
The five main priorities of the programme are:
– Improving the quality of services in public health and social care in the programme area
– Protecting the environment, improving risk prevention and promoting energy efficiency
– Contributing to the development of tourism and to the preservation of the region’s cultural and natural heritage
– Enhancing the economic competitiveness of the region
– Providing technical assistance to increase the efficiency of the management and implementation of the Programme.
Url description: InfoRegio