The conferences call for the acceleration of bottom-up action and change, to ultimately push and accelerate the ambition of global frameworks for sustainability and climate change. Held every three years, the conference is the multi-level interface between the European Union and sustainability action at local level.
On the agenda:
- What is the change we need and what can cities do to make this happen?
- How can a European Green Deal become a true opportunity for change?
- What is the social and environmental impact of digitalisation and what is its public value?
- What is the perspective for a sustainable economy we need?
- How local and how global are the perspectives for a new economic model?
- Who is responsible? And who pays the bill?
- How can integrated urban development and management respond to the challenge?
- What do our citizens want and what can they do themselves?
- How can we step up citizen mobilisation for positive transformation?
- How can this become the transformation that we all want?
- How can we scale up local action to the national and European levels?
- How do we go mainstream?
- Who else do we need to make this happen?