En bref :
CEF – Electricity, Gas, Smart Grids and CO₂ networks – 2021
Funds for: enabling PCIs to be implemented within the framework of the deployment of trans-European networks in the energy sector.
Priorities and funded actions:
- Enabling PCIs to be implemented within the framework of the deployment of trans-European networks in the energy sector.
- Supporting energy infrastructure PCIs that have significant socio-economic benefits and ensure greater solidarity among Member States, but which do not receive adequate financing from the market.
- Pursuing the goals and objectives of the Green Deal, as well as the Paris Agreement and the 2030 climate and energy targets and long-term decarbonisation objectives.
- To support the implementation of PCIs within the framework of the deployment of trans-European networks in the energy sector.
- To contribute to at least one of the energy infrastructure priority corridors and thematic areas: market integration, competition, sustainability, security of supply and contribution to the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
- To aim at further integrating the internal market for energy, ending energy isolation and eliminating electricity interconnection bottlenecks, with emphasis on those PCIs contributing to the achievement of the interconnection target of at least 10% by 2020 and 15% by 2030, and PCIs contributing to synchronisation of electricity systems with the EU networks.
- This call for proposal puts priority on technologies and PCIs contributing to the decarbonisation of the economy.
Among financed actions:
- To prepare PCI implementation, such as preparatory, mapping, feasibility, evaluation, testing and validation studies.
- To define and develop a PCI and decide on its financing, such as reconnaissance of the sites concerned and preparation of the financial package.
- The purchase, supply and deployment of components, systems and services including software, the development, construction and installation activities relating to a PCI, the acceptance of installations and the launching of a PCI. NB: only projects contributing to PCIs as identified in the Commission Delegated Regulation 2020/389 shall be eligible for support through EU financial aid in the form of grants.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Be a legal person;
- Be a public or private entity;
- Be a non-profit making entity;
- Be: a NGO, a company, a university, a research institution, a SME, an organisation;
- Be established in:
- EU Member State
- EEA countries
- Countries associated to the CEF program
- Specific cases: more information here.
Additional info regions:
- Eligible countries for the grant:
- EU Member States;
- EEA countries;
- Countries countries associated to the CEF Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature.
List of participating countries here.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Sectors: Energy, Environment, New technologies, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: All beneficiaries
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.