En bref :
- European Defence Fund – Next generation vertical take-off and landing systems – 2021
Topic: Next generation rotorcraft technologies
Funds for: doing research on future operating concepts (FOC) of military VTOL-systems.
Priorities and funded actions:
- To prepare 2035/2040+ horizon, building European capabilities for new EU/NATO rotorcraft/VTOL programs, fully compatible to future multi-domain and air combat collaborative systems;
- To increase the efficiency of European Armed Forces;
- To increase strategic autonomy and competitiveness of the European defence community (i.e. industries and Nations, including academia/governmental R&T/T&E entities), aimed and capable to develop new technologies to be embodied into the future EU/NATO rotorcraft programs.
- To support the competiveness and excellence of the European industry in this domain and the autonomy of EU in the field of military helicopters.
Among financed actions
- Studies of the future operating environment (FOE) and the role and purpose of military VTOL-systems in this as SoS;
- Studies of the future operating concept (FOC) including all levels of warfare: strategic, operational, tactical and technical;
- Technological support to the evolution of state-of-the-art current helicopter/rotorcraft systems (including EU tilt-rotors and compound rotorcraft);
- Studies of the required military capacities, the required industrial activities to develop and exploit these military capacities and the interoperability requirements.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Initial duration of the action: up 48 months.
- Be a legal entity (public or private);
- Be established in one of the eligible countries.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Sectors: Industry, Innovation, Justice - Security, New technologies, Transport
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.