En bref :
LIFE – Climate Change Adaptation – 2021
Funds for: reinforcing adaptive capacity, strengthen resilience, and reduce vulnerability, in line with the Paris Agreement and the proposed European Climate Law
Priorities and funded actions:
- To demonstrate a clear and convincing intervention logic which details the specific climate change risks and vulnerabilities to be addressed, the assessment and selection of the proposed adaptation options and approaches, and the monitoring and evaluation of the results (for more guidance on adaptation methodology, applicants are strongly encouraged to consult the Adaptation Support Tool provided on the Climate-ADAPT web portal16);
- To develop, demonstrate and promote innovative techniques, methods and approaches for reaching the objectives of Union legislation and policy on adaptation to climate change and to contribute to the knowledge base and to the application of best practices;
- To support the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of relevant Union legislation and policy on adaptation to climate change, including by improving governance at all levels, in particular through enhancing capacities of public and private actors and the involvement of civil society;
- To catalyse the large-scale deployment of successful technical, non-technical and policy-related solutions for implementing relevant Union legislation and policy on adaptation to climate change by disseminating, replicating results, integrating related objectives into other policies and into public and private sector practices, mobilising investment and improving access to finance
- Priority 1: To address adaptation policy development, and adaptation strategies and plans;
- Priority 2: To develop State-of-the art tools and solutions for adaptation;
- Priority 3: To implement nature-based solutions in the management of land, coasts and marine areas;
- Priority 4: To adapt cities and regions to climate change;
- Priority 5: To encourage climate-proofing and resilience of infrastructure and buildings;
- Priority 6: To help to speed up the rollout of adaptation solutions for farmers, forest managers, Natura 2000 managers and other land managers;
- Priority 7: To support water management;
- Priority 8: To support preparedness for extreme weather events;
- Priority 9: To promote financial instruments, innovative solutions and public-private collaboration on insurance and loss data
Among financed actions
- Innovative techniques, methods and approaches;
- Application of best practice (solutions, techniques, methods and approaches which are appropriate, cost-effective and state of the art;
- Development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of the EU legislation and policy
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: between 2 and 5 years
- Be a legal entity established in one of the EU Member States or a country associated to the LIFE programme;
- The coordinator must be established in an eligible country
Additional info regions:
For more information: Click here
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Sectors: Economy - Finances, Energy, Environment, Research, Transport
Beneficiaries: All beneficiaries
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.