En bref :
LIFE – Nature Governance – 2021
Funds for: addressing EU Nature and Biodiversity legislation compliance assurance and access to justice
Priorities and funded actions:
- To establish or enchancing existing cross-border, national or regional networks of compliance assurance practitioners or experts ; and/or establish or improve professional qualifications and training to improve compliance with binding EU legal instruments on nature and biodiversity, through promoting, checking and enforcing compliance;
- To apply the polluter pays principle, using a mix of administrative law, criminal law and environmental liability;
- To develop and implement strategies, policies, innovative tools and actions to promote, monitor and enforce compliance with binding EU instruments on nature and biodiversity, or ensure application of the polluter pays principles through environmental liability;
- To improve relevant information systems operated by public authorities;
- To engage with citizens and others to promote and monitor compliance, and ensure application of environmental liability in relation to EU nature and biodiversity legislation
Among financed actions
- Academic credentials through webinars and massive open online courses (MOOCs);
- Promotion of systems and techniques (advisory services, awareness-raising campaign, partnerships agreements);
- Monitoring systems and techniques;
- Effective promotion of public participation and access to justice in nature and biodiversity policy and legislation-related matters
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 84 months
- Be a legal entity established in one of the EU Member States or a country associated to the LIFE programme;
- The coordinator must be established in an eligible country
Additional info regions:
For more information: Click here
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Sectors: Energy, Environment, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities, NGO, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.