Last year, Erasmus programme has hit record popularity but the European Commission is still seeking to improve the exchanges among students, teachers or between schools throughout Europe. This is now even more facilitated through “eTwinning”.
The virtual space “eTwinning” offers a platform for staff (teachers, head teachers, librarians, etc.), working in a school in one of the European countries in order to increase the European cooperation thanks the New Information and Communication Technologies. At first, “eTwinning” consists in an innovative and interactive instrument in languages learning since teachers or students may directly share works, videos and so on through the Twinspace. But this virtual space mainly supports the implementation of transdisciplinary projects involving partners from different countries.
Launched in 2005, “eTwinning” Portal is now part of Erasmus+ and it is responding to one of the priorities about modernizing teaching systems. Erasmus+ is the new framework programme for education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014 to 2020 instead of Life Long Learning Programme. The main objectives are:
– To increase the level of key competences and aptitudes as well as the participation of the youth in democratic life in Europe, notably through increased learning mobility opportunities for young people, learners, staff and youth workers
– To promote the emergence of a European lifelong learning area, trigger policy reforms at national level, support the modernization of education and training systems
– To enhance the international dimension of education, training and youth notably in higher education and supporting the Union external action and supporting the Union external action
– To improve the teaching and learning of languages and promote linguistic diversity
The online services of “eTwinning” may be useful as well for the Erasmus+ projects leaders to identify potential partners and during the whole project period with the virtual project space to which you can navigate directly by clicking here. On this matter, the next calls proposals will be published between late October and early November. Projects leaders would address their proposal to the contact provided below:
– Education Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency
– National executive agencies
Find all the calls for proposals Erasmus+ on our search engine.