25 August 2021
Grants for projects which aims to provide assistance to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law and of respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms.
Priorities and funded actions
Country calls for proposals are specific to one country and they cover local projects designed to reinforce the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reforms, in facilitating the peaceful reconciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation and are managed by local EU delegations.
* To support, to develop and to consolidate democracy in third countries
* To enhance participatory and representative democracy, strengthening the overall democratic cycle, in particular by reinforcing an active role for civil society within this cycle, and the rule of law
* To improve the reliability of electoral processes, in particular by means of EU Electoral Observation
Among financed actions
* Enhancing respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms, as proclaimed in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international and regional human rights instruments
* Strengthening their protection, promotion, implementation and monitoring, mainly through support to relevant civil society organisations, human rights defenders and victims of repression and abuse
DG International cooperation and Development