Grants to maintain a strong industrial and technology presence in key parts of digital and other supply chains, in industrial ecosystems while safeguarding ability to access and operate safely in space.
Priorities and funded actions
The Cluster 4 “Digital, Industry & Space” is embedded in the Pillar II ‘Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness’ of the Horizon Europe programme. It aims to shape competitive and trusted technologies for a European industry with global leadership in key areas.
- To reinforce capacities and secure Europe’s sovereignty in key enabling technologies for digitisation and production, and in space technology, all along the value chain;
- To build a competitive, digital, low-carbon and circular industry;
- To ensure a sustainable supply of raw materials;
- To develop advanced materials and provide the basis for advances and innovation in global societal challenges.
- Global leadership in clean and climate-neutral industrial value chains, circular economy and climate-neutral digital systems and infrastructures;
- Industrial leadership and increased autonomy in key strategic value chains with security of supply in raw materials;
- Sovereignty in digital technologies and in future emerging enabling technologies;
- Globally attractive, secure and dynamic data-agile economy;
- Open strategic autonomy in conceiving, developing, deploying and using global space-based infrastructures, services, applications and data;
- A human-centred and ethical development of digital and industrial technologies.
- Destination 1: Climate neutral, circular and digitised production
- Destination 2: Increased autonomy in key strategic value chains for resilient industry
- Destination 3: World leading data and computing technologies
- Destination 4: Digital and emerging technologies for competitiveness and fit for the green deal
- Destination 5: Open strategic autonomy in developing, deploying and using global spaced-based infrastructures, services, applications and data
- Destination 6: A human-centred and ethical development of digital and industrial technologies
- Research and innovation activities;
- Communication, dissemination and cross-fertilisation of research;
- Coordination and support actions.
Ms Katleen ENGELBOSCH
+32 229 54693
Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology