3 May 2021
Grants to help protect nature and biodiversity, promote the development of the circular economy, and improve quality of life.
Priorities and funded actions
“Environment” is the first strand of the Life program for the period 2021-2027. It is composed of two sub-programs: “Nature and biodiversity” and “Circular economy and quality of life”.
The general objective of the LIFE Programme shall be to contribute to the shift towards a sustainable, circular, energy-efficient, renewable energy-based, climate-neutral and – resilient economy, in order to protect, restore and improve the quality of the environment, including the air, water and soil, and to halt and reverse biodiversity loss and to tackle the degradation of ecosystems, including by supporting the implementation and management of the Natura 2000 network, thereby contributing to sustainable development.
- Priority 1: Boosting and integrating the implementation of the EU’s policy objectives for halting and reversing loss of wildlife habitats and species across all sectors, as well as the Biodiversity Strategy objectives for 2030
- Priority 2: Supporting the transition to a circular economy and protecting and improving the quality of EU’s natural resources, including air, soil and water among others
- Sub-program 1: “Nature and biodiversity”
- Sub-program 2: “Circular economy and quality of life”
- Strategic nature projects
- Strategic integrated projects
- Technical assistance projects
- Standard action projects
- Other actions needed for the purpose of achieving the general objective set out in Article 3, including coordination and support actions aimed at capacity building, at dissemination of information and of knowledge, and at awareness-raising to support the transition to renewable energy and increased energy efficiency
Directorate-General for Environment > General Affairs, Knowledge & Resources > Green Knowledge & Research Hub, LIFE (ENV.A.3)