Priorities and funded actions
To start leveraging the needed private investment in order to establish a full pan-European road and railway network of 5G corridors by the end of the CEF programme (2027).
Priority 1 – Support investments in challenging areas, where market forces alone will not deliver 5G services with the necessary quality of service, and focus on the provision of such connectivity along key European transport paths.
Priority 2 – Support investment in cross-border sections involving two or more Member States.
Among financed actions
- Deployment of passive network elements including civil works, e.g. ducts, dark fibre, 5G radio station, mast and pylons
- Deployment and installation of active network elements, e.g. antennae, storage and computing capabilities such as network controllers, routers, switch, exchanges, edge MEC/node etc.
- Deployment and installation of specific track side devices (e.g. road, rail) for connected and automated mobility use cases, such as sensors, cameras etc. for traffic monitoring purposes, including connected road-side units
- Preparatory works, including network planning
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 36 months
- Be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- Proposals must be submitted by consortia composed of at least two different undertakings which will be taking responsibilities as regards ownership, operation and use after the project