Priorities and funded actions
- To develop – in cooperation with different stakeholder communities and various ongoing projects in the relevant deployment programmes – concepts and facilities for:
- the interconnection of newly deployed 5G corridor sections and 5G infrastructure for local communities with edge computing facilities and federated cloud infrastructures
- relevant operational service platforms that enable the provision of CAM and commercial 5G connectivity services
- the support of services of general interest in local communities
- To accompany CEF-funded 5G deployment projects during their edge node deployment and service platform integration phase in order to adopt the common concepts developed
Priority 1 – Facilitate the cooperation among the key stakeholders involved in 5G corridor preparation and CEF-funded deployment projects.
Priority 2 – Work with ongoing CEF-funded deployment and preparation projects to keep track of deployments executed in projects, planned for future projects and evaluate the progress as compared to planned roadmaps.
Priority 3 – Gather best practice in ongoing deployment and preparation projects including technological solutions used, use cases envisaged, service requirements for coverage and performance, etc.
Priority 4 – Support the building of future project pipelines for CEF funding by facilitating the information of the community with regards to upcoming CEF Digital calls, networking opportunities for building project consortia, engaging stakeholders to consider project proposals in line with planned deployment roadmaps and in close cooperation with the Commission and Member States.
Among financed activities
- Support to the organisation of stakeholder engagement activities, involving, amongst others mobile network operators, operators deploying infrastructure and associated facilities such as tower companies, telecom backhaul operators, road operators, rail infrastructure managers, automotive manufacturers, and mobility service providers, including SNS working group secretariat, workshops, information days, seminars, conferences and online social networks
- Proactive outreach to stakeholders and public authorities to stimulate interest in proposal submission to CEF Digital calls in line with deployment roadmap and planned project pipeline
- Support and coordination to the building of project pipelines for CEF funding and community building, across sectors and cross-border
- Gather and develop information among projects in terms of corridor length, mode of transport, service requirements for safety and non-safety services, technologies and systems including edge nodes, overall costs and funding, etc.
- Elaboration of best practices of CEF-funded studies within 5G corridor preparation and CEF-funded deployment projects to cover common challenges (e.g. cross-border CAM business continuity, local breakout)
- Performance evaluation across CEF-funded 5G corridor deployment projects and assessment of legal and regulatory constraints
- Progress monitoring of 5G corridor deployment projects, including geographic mapping of EU and non EU-funded 5G corridor projects and facilitate reporting with the European 5G Observatory
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 36 months
Be legal entities (public or private bodies).