Priorities and funded actions
- To ensure effective and efficient coordination of industrial stakeholders involved in standardisation processes to timely develop fit-for-purpose technical specifications and industry standards that:
- are necessary for the implementation of new ATM technologies in support of the implementation of the Single European Sky, particularly those stemming from the SESAR project and included in the ATM Master Plan;
- ensure global ATM standardisation harmonisation, notably though international cooperation with RTCA, SAE and ICAO;
- are in support to EASA towards a transition to performance-based regulatory framework, where rules set performance objectives and industry delivers the concrete technological solutions to achieve them; and
- are in support of the implementation of the European satellite navigation programmes, Galileo and EGNOS, in aviation.
- Priority 1: Development of new EUROCAE “specifications/standards” (EDs) or revision of existing ones in support of the Single European Sky, including standards for airborne and ground equipment for ATM and CNS, airport equipment, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), overarching process-oriented and service oriented ones;
- Priority 2: Support to the coordination of European standardisation activities in ATM, drones and cybersecurity domains in support of SES and SESAR deployment, notably through acting as secretary of the groups EASCG, EUSCG, and ECSCG;
- Priority 3: Support to EASA in the transition towards more performance-based regulations contributing with technical details on how to comply with EU regulatory framework, including participation in relevant Rulemaking Groups (RMGs);
- Priority 4: International coordination to contribute to global ATM interoperability and harmonisation, particularly with ICAO, RTCA, SAE and other SDO organisations; and
- Priority 5: Development of standards using EGNOS and Galileo in aviation, and monitor, inform and coordinate potential new standardisation activities internally to EUROCAE and also internationally, which may be relevant for EGNOS and Galileo in aviation.
Among financed activities
- Coordination and participation in working groups to develop new specifications or revisions of existing EDs supporting existing and new regulatory requirements;
- Participation to the EASA Rulemaking Groups or any other activity to provide the expertise on standardisation, where standards provide the concrete technical details on how to comply with the EU regulatory framework;
- Participation at relevant international events as well as dedicated bilateral and multilateral standardisation meetings, primarily, but not exclusively, with ICAO (specially participation to the ICAO Standards Roundtable, but also including cooperation with ICAO EUR/NAT Office and other regional offices), RTCA, and SAE;
- Administrative secretariat services and communication activities (e.g. elaboration of notes and leaflets) related to the running of standardisation coordination groups EASCG, ECSCG, and EUSCG;
- Host and maintenance of websites of the groups EASCG, EUSCG, and ECSCG.
Activities must cover the period between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2022.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Initial duration of the action: 24 months.
- Be European Organisation for Civil Aviation Equipment (EUROCAE).