Priorities and funded actions
To organise two local European Youth Events, in two different Member States, by two different organisations.
Priority 1 – Connect the EP to its younger citizens, establish a regular engagement process with young people, notably by encouraging them to register on the together.eu platform of the European Parliament.
Priority 2 – Raise awareness on the importance of voting in the next European parliamentary elections in 2024 as an essential part of their active citizenship in shaping the future of Europe.
Priority 3 – Pay special attention to reaching out to minority communities from peripheral regions of Europe and citizens that normally don’t have so much contact with the EU and are less likely to already be involved in EU actions.
Among financed actions
- Design local European Youth Events in a hybrid format aimed at promoting democratic values and supporting citizens’ democratic engagement
- Inform young people about the local EYE and the opportunities to take part, in a consistent and inclusive way (choice of pictures, tonality, language)
- Raise participants awareness regarding all relevant information about the programme, topics, speakers and ways of taking part in the activities
- Promote the event as organised for and by the young people
- Promote Parliament’s main engagement platform together.eu
- Reach maximum outreach and participation in the preparation phase, during and after the event
Events should take place between the starting date of the actions and 30 November 2022, while follow up actions until May/June 2023 when the next edition of the central EYE will take place.
- Be local or youth organisations
- Be: a national non-profit making organisation, a non-governmental organisation or body
- Collaboration with a public authority for the implementation of the event will be considered an asset, in order to ensure strong links with the local level and a solid operational capacity