Additional regional information :
- Member States
- Associated Countries
- Low and middle-income countries
For more information: Click here
Energy Environment & Climate Research & Innovation
Association & NGO EU & International Organisation Research centre & university
Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Call for proposals
Priorities and funded actions
Some Horizon Europe budgets are structured in response to policy ambitions (“destinations”) and deployed through calls for proposals targeting more specific thematic/sector (“Topics”). Thus, your application must be linked to a topic of a call for proposals.
Various categories of projects are eligible:
- RIA, Research and Innovation Actions: Basic and applied research / Technology development and adoption / Testing and validation of a prototype in the laboratory.
- IA, Innovation Actions: Prototypes, tests, demonstrations, pilot projects, market placement. These actions may include limited R&D activities.
- CSA, Coordination and Support Actions: Networking, studies & conferences, communication, studies for new research infrastructures.
- MSCA, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions / ERC individual grants: Training networks for researchers, Individual grants for experienced researchers, Staff exchange – mobility for researchers and non-scientific staff.
In addition, calls specify the categories of eligible beneficiaries:
- Collaborative projects, composed of a coordinator and several partners organisations (consortium)
- Single-beneficiary projects, involving a single organization
- Individual scholarships, open to natural persons in their own name with their home institution
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-01: Further climate knowledge through advanced science and technologies for analysing Earth observation and Earth system model data
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-02: Climate-related tipping points
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-03: Climate impacts of a hydrogen economy
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-04: Improved knowledge in cloud-aerosol interaction
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-05: Science for successful, high-integrity voluntary climate initiatives
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-06: Broadening the range of policy options in transition pathway analysis
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-07: Modelling for local resilience – Developments in support of local adaptation assessments and plans
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-08: Solar Radiation Modification: governance of research
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-09: Behavioural change and governance for systemic transformations towards climate resilience
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-10: Improving the evidence base regarding the impact of sustainability and climate change education and related learning outcomes
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-11: Needs-based adaptation to climate change in Africa