Priorities and funded actions
Strengthening the EU’s capacity to understand and counter terrorist financing by ensuring that existing tools are exploited to their full potential, improving the efficiency of law enforcement access, including cross-border, to transaction data, and developing capacity to deal with emerging financial products and services. The Commission also aims to support the use of new technology for investigations of terrorism financing.
* Priority 1: Facilitating cross-border exchange of financial information and promoting publicprivate cooperation. Projects should aim to enhance the quality and timeliness of the financial information shared at EU level, increase the involvement of regulated sectors other than retail banking, and/or develop technology that supports real-time sharing and analysis. Projects may build on existing mechanisms that enable supranational public-private cooperation.
* Priority 2: Developing expertise in emerging terrorist financing risks related to crypto-assets,new payments systems, social media and/or crowd-funding.
* Priority 3: Developing innovative investigative techniques in Member State law enforcement authorities responsible for counter-terrorism financial investigations, including for conducting parallel investigations, exploiting associated “non-financial” information,examining terrorist links to other criminal activity and on use of Artificial Intelligence, machine learning or robotics for investigations.
Among financed actions
* Development of working methods for the functioning of public private partnerships, protocols and mechanisms for sharing information between private and public actors;
* Exchange of best practices, investigation techniques and experiences;
* Trends and risk analysis;
* Exchange of best practices between equivalent national partnerships;
* Development of partnerships at EU level;
* Development of concepts for the infrastructure for collaborative work, such assecure facilities or IT systems for information exchange or joint investigations;
* Organisation of and participation in meetings; partnership and networking activities and events;
* Training activities;
* Preparation of studies;
* Communication activities.
* This call of proposals is an open call for poposals
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
The following entities can apply as lead applicants and co-applicants:
– Public bodies
– Non-profit-making private entities
– Profit making entities
The following entities can only apply as co-applicants:
– International organisations