Priorities and funded actions
To derive a set of soil quality indicators (chemical, physical and biological), methods, measurements that need to be validated and harmonised to enhance the quantity, quality and availability of soil data and information in the Mediterranean for the sustainable management and protection of soil resources.
Priority 1 – Improved monitoring of soil and land degradation in the Mediterranean context through a harmonised set of indicators.
Priority 2 – Mapping of research infrastructures and Living labs as enabling environment for the monitoring and assessment.
Priority 3 – Contribution to the JRC’s Soil Atlas of the Mediterranean Region.
Among financed actions
- Review the state of monitoring and existing soil data in the PRIMA countries to identify gaps in the monitoring networks
- Plan an exercise of a cross-country harmonisation of data
- Develop or adapt existing indicators (chemical, physical and biological) for a region-wide assessment of soil ecosystem health
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 36 months
- Be any legal entity created under the EU law
- Be any international European interest organization, as defined in point (12) of Article 2(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013