Priorities and funded actions
- Integrate Nexus considerations into public and business decision making at different governance levels through innovative toolboxes and guidelines supporting policymakers and practitioners in the implementation of adaptation strategies
- Increase resilience to climate change, ensuring good quantitative and qualitative status of water, sustainable agriculture, food and energy production, and healthy ecosystems
- Increase the socio-economic livelihood conditions of vulnerable populations
- Share best Nexus practices across disciplinary silos in a context of combined natural, economic and social systems
Priority 1 – Early identification of causal connections between socio-economic impacts and measures to build local resilience of WEFE resource management.
Priority 2 – Nexus demonstration cases as socio-innovative adaptation experiments in different contexts.
Priority 3 – Identification of WEFE production and consumption structures’ impacts on the life-supporting abilities and local communities’ social and economic performance under climate change and demographic constraints.
Among financed actions
- Address the interplay of impacts, for example, of disruption of regional and international trade flows of food crops, on people’s displacement
- Explore the associations between the trading of crop products and local usages of water, energy, ecosystem resources under different scenarios
- Translate outcomes into WEFE resource-related indicators to monitor these strategies’ qualitative and quantitative impacts and provide hints for possible futures
- Enable feedback to decision-makers to develop Nexus policies and strategies, ensuring a long-lasting adaptation capacity of potentially vulnerable populations
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 36 months
- Be any legal entity created under the EU law
- Be any international European interest organization, as defined in point (12) of Article 2(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013